Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another second place win for me!

I placed second at Signed Sealed Delivered's (in Rogers, Arkansas-my local scrapbooking shop,) monthly sketch contest. I did a 2 page 12x12 layout of my daughter meeting Ariel at Disney in Orlando.

I used the Mickey Font cartridge for my mouse ear shapes and my Gypsy to weld them together to create a couple of borders. Ariel, Flounder and the flowers came from the Disney Dreams Come True cartridge.

My favorite thing about this layout is the mouse ear hat I created that mimics my daughter's hat. I wanted to really highlight it because Ariel talked about it with my daughter and was so charming and funny.

I cut the mouse ear hat shape from the Mickey Font cartridge to use as a base. I then cut a circle (from George & Basic Shapes I think,) a little bigger than the hat. I trimmed about 1/3 off the circle and sprayed it with water then draped it over the top of a can of Magic Sizing to dry. (Note: I did not use the Magic Sizing other than for the shape of the can.) When it was dry, I made a crown with bling to mimic the real hat and glued it in place over the Cricut cut hat. I stuffed a couple of cotton balls in it and then lined the bottom with paper to hold them in.



I used some fancy material from Joann's to create a veil. The result was a pretty cool 3-D hat for my layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment