Thursday, June 16, 2011

Weekly Challenge #34: Father’s Day Card Sketch

This is my entry for the Cricut Circle weekly challenge.   The photo doesn't show very many details of the card. I'm having issues with my computer and camera so I took this one on my phone (in bad lighting because I was too lazy to move to another room,) and emailed it to myself to get it on the computer.

My Cricut cuts are from Elegant Edges, which I got at the Cricut Stampede.  (It immediately became one of my favorites.)   I cut the same shape twice, once at 3 inches and again at 1 1/4 inches, and then layered them together. I added some red bling to the smaller shape to mirror a pattern in the paper of the bigger shape.  

I used my Cuttlebug on the background piece in order to add a little texture. The design matches the pattern in the little rectangle that has the yellow bling. It shows up much better in person, thank goodness.

Of course, I used Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to ink my edges to make them separate from each other. That's really my 'go-to' ink. Everyone loves that one, don't they? I also pop-dotted my layers on top of my Cuttlebugged background. Doesn't that look just great on a card? I love it. Two simple steps that bring a card to life.

{Grrr, I just checked this posting - the colors are really bad in this photo! They're actually orange, green, and a little blue. I've got to get that computer/camera problem fixed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment